Saturday, November 6, 2021

Mental health 1

 I’ve been missing for quite a few days now. I’m busy with classes and exam and went down with a flu in the middle of the pandemic!!! It scared the hell out of me. But after the swab test, it turn out to be just a regular flu. 😷

How are you guys now? Mentally and physically. Ever since i was diagnosed with several mental illness, I’ve always include those two aspects in my health condition, sometimes i’ll answer “I’m good, both physically and mentally,” most of time i’ll answer this way “i’m healthy physically but mentally unwell.”  There are times when i’m able to say “i’m stabled mentally but i have some physical problems.” Rarely said, “physically and mentally unwell”

Before this i always include the physical health only, for those who ask the question, but now i realise that sometimes, certain mental illness can manifest as physical illness also, so we should never exclude either one. It took a lot of times and courage  for me to finally open up about my mental health to others, especially my family and friends. I’ve lost several good friends as a result, but i also gains many new friends during my course of treatment. I guess, thats what always makes others felt reluctant to talk about mental health, people still find it taboo to talk about anxiety, depression, ptsd, self-harm, and suicide.

Nowadays, people are more open toward mental illness. There are better understanding in society. There are still some challenges that we have to overcome to create a better place for the mentally unwell in the future. Let’s normalise mental illness as we see diabetes, hypertension, asthma  and cancer. Lets give them the same amount of sympathy and empathy that you will give to other patients who is sick physically.

I’ll stop for now. My sleeping medication has done it worked so perfectly that I’m starting to feel drowsy, and have blurry vision. 💤 I’ll add a video if i have the chance. Goodnight everyone and have a sweet dream :D


With ❤

AN Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment

I lied

 I’m happy. I’m happyyy. I’m happy!!!!!!! I kept telling myself that i’m happy. I was supposed to. I finish my exam, i passed it. I went out...